KidZone – First Grade through Sixth Grade – meets Sunday mornings 11:00-11:45am.
We have an exceptional team of loving and gifted teachers who share God’s Word with our children in age appropriate ways, from games, scriptures, Bible stories, and creative presentations. They do not seek to replace parents as the primary disciple-makers of their children. Rather, their goal is to come alongside parents in nurturing the Gospel of Jesus Christ in the lives of the children, trusting God to provide the growth. We want each of our Calvary kids to grow up to seek, love, and serve our Lord on a daily basis.
We are delighted to offer to our families the Show Me Jesus curriculum, published by Great Commission Publications. The curriculum is a complete plan for nurturing children in the Word of God. Its individual courses from toddler through high school fit together to teach the Bible as a whole and the unfolding story of redemption in Christ.
KidZone classes are divided up as younger elementary (1st-2nd grade), middle elementary (3rd-4th grade), and older elementary (5th-6th grade). Children in KidZone are able to learn the following truths:
- God's promises are woven throughout the Bible.
- Genesis teaches God's creation, the fall, and the promised Savior.
- Because of God's great love for His people, He sent His Son, Jesus, to save us from our sins.
- Jesus Christ died on the cross to atone for our sins and was raised from the dead on the third day.
- God sent the Holy Spirit to empower believers.
- Students learn about their responsibility in sharing the Good News, as well as what it means to support those who are doing the work of global missions.
- God is the Sovereign Creator, Redeemer, and King. He is the author and main subject of the Bible.
- Our purpose is to glorify God and enjoy Him forever.
- The entire Bible is the unfolding story of salvation and Jesus is its focus, coming to seek and save the lost.
- God's covenant is the thread that ties the Bible together.
We would love to have you and your family join us in KidZone. We would be happy to answer any questions you may have.